Glasgow Life: See Humans Fly
Agency: Front Page
In 2012 we embarked on a three year journey with Glasgow Life and the Fédération International de Gymnastique (FIG) to design a brand identity, website and integrated marketing campaign for the 2015 World Gymnastics Championships. The championships are the fourth largest global single-sport event, with a television audience of 800 million.
The results were emphatic.
- 55,410 tickets were sold, exceeding the target by 38.5%
- Total net income was £1.2 million, exceeding the target of £1.1 million
- In terms of bang for marketing buck, ticket sales alone generated £15.79 for every pound of marketing investment and the wider contribution to the local economy amounted to a dizzying £52 per pound spent
- 62% of spectators heard about the event through the website, highlighting its effectiveness as a marketing tool
- Following the event, Glasgow was named the fifth best sporting host city in the world, having climbed the rankings by three places since 2014
- Since the event, participation in gymnastics has increased by 17% in Glasgow