Design consultancy: Spring
Advertiser: Anglian Water
East Anglia is drier than Jerusalem and South Sudan. By 2050 the region is predicting a 20% population rise and up to 20% predicted reduction in rainfall. With an economy highly dependent on agriculture the region faces challenges in ensuring a sustainable supply of water into the future.
- Unlike other utilities, Anglian Water's customers do not choose their water supplier, which creates a challenge when encouraging high quality brand engagement.
- We were appointed by Anglian Water to design a consultation event that would educate its customers on the importance of water resilience and provide quantitative and qualitative research to form Anglian Water's five-year investment plan in line with Ofwat's mandatory PR19 plan that will review tariff pricing in 2019.
- The H2OMG! sub-brand for the consultation was designed to inspire families to engage with Anglian Water during the height of summer 2017 in Norwich. For consultation our design thinking needed to instantly unlock a response from the customer.
- Using H2OMG!, we designed and produced a funfair themed interactive community engagement event, staffed by Anglian Water volunteers, that communicated the key issues around water resilience with its customers and captured their opinion on how best to tackle them. The use of funfair in the design was critical to achieving high quality brand engagement because it was a format that families understood and already knew how to engage with.
- A huge success, the campaign exceeded its KPIs by three times. Over three million people in the region were reached, with 33,000 specific interactions with H2OMG!.
- By getting its customers' buy-in on future investment, Anglian Water can plan to ensure that water will be available for decades to come.