Objectives and strategy
With this campaign we mainly aimed to increase our ROI. Our online and offline data was showing 3 facts:
- Only 48% of our website visitors buy the ticket immediately after the search.
- The shorter the time between a search and the demanded departure date, the higher was the transaction value.
- We were loosing money if we were to advertise for the visitors who were no longer interested in the flight the he had searched for.
So, we've based our strategy onto 4 following principles:
- Stop advertising to those who already bought their ticket.
- Stop advertising if the departure date the users were looking for ,was already in the past.
- Start increasing bids for those who were looking for a flight for the next 10 days.
- Tailor the message according to the route and emphasize on the "urgency" factor.