Design consultancy: Biles Hendry
Advertiser: Warner Edwards Distillery
As the inventor of the original Rhubarb Gin and three other flavour variants, Warner Edwards' vision was to become the world's artisan gin brand of choice. Facing an onslaught of competition and the threat of a category slow down, its brand design was letting it down.
In order to cut through the competition and justify its super premium price point, the redesign needed to move the bottle away from simple functionality and towards something that's iconic - a design that would sit proudly on the back bar, in store, and in the home.
Warner Edwards' success in the two years since the redesign was nothing short of exceptional. With very little in the way of additional marketing spend, no discounting or special offers, and against the start of a contracting market, the brand design captured the imagination of consumers in both the on and off trade.
- On trade sales value: +76% vs objective and +1,500% growth vs pre-redesign
- Off trade sales value: +46% vs target and +1,183% increase vs pre-redesign
- On trade sales volume: +100% vs objective and +3,000% upsurge vs pre-redesign
- Off trade sales volume: +50% vs goal and +2,477% growth vs pre-redesign
- +115% listings growth more than doubles objective
- #1 branded gin at M&S