Digital transformation is driving change at UL LLC, the 125-year-old global-certification company (formerly known as Underwriters Laboratory) that, since 1906, has affixed its mark on products that meet its standards, thus doing its bit to help the world turn a bit more safely.
For decades, consumers who spied the UL logo…
… could trust that the newest technologies – from the first motor-driven vacuum cleaner, early airplanes and bank vault doors to today's cords for recharging electronic vehicles and bullet-resistant vests – had been tested in UL laboratories and were safe to use.
But, in a world where many of the latest technologies are virtual, the Northbrook, Illinois-based firm has learned it needs to invent new ways to prove its utility and instill that same sort of confidence in new kinds of categories where there is no physical product to put a mark on ¬– think cybersecurity, virtual experiences, or indoor air quality.
What else does this article talk about?
- Industrial & manufacturing
- United States
- Digital transformation
- Brand trust
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.