Agency: PR Pundit
- United Colors of Benetton pursues a long-term Women Empowerment (WE) Program to support women's rights worldwide.
- In a survey conducted by the brand in 2016, 28% of the millennial audience identified women's issues as the most important issue that matters to them.
- UNDP's human development report ranks India 125th of 159 countries in the gender inequality index.
- Hence, United Colors of Benetton decided to campaign for gender equality on the occasion of Women's Day 2017 through #UnitedByHalf.
- The challenge was to develop a bold PR approach, with purposeful messaging to reach urban audiences; to rise above the clutter of empowerment campaigns by various brands on the occasion of Women's Day.
- Women empowerment is a topic that has been spoken about extensively in the country, therefore the campaign required an innovative approach to make an impact.
- Limited budgets demanded an organic approach to maximize awareness.
- A unique holistic PR campaign with a strong voice was necessary to engage and connect with urban millennial, both men & women.
- Identifying the right social & digital influencers was the key task at hand to help cascade the campaign far & wide, including strategic collaborations with partners to garner eyeballs and digital traction.