HONOR (Huawei), a Chinese smartphone brand in the cluttered Indian market, decided to leverage the festival of lights, Diwali, the biggest celebration in India of shared joy and family, to connect with consumers. Like Christmas in other countries, it is the festival of gifting, and for brands, a time to really put their best foot forward. HONOR decided to go beyond the usual discounts and offers and based its campaign on relationships and togetherness. Because of busy schedules and socio-cultural changes, people tend to grow apart. And yet, for Diwali, come what may, people always make time for friends and family. Based on this insight, HONOR's festive campaign 'Yeh Diwali HONOR Wali' (A Diwali with HONOR) used genuine stories by a carefully chosen band of influencers, around families coming together for Diwali. Using public relations, digital and content, the campaign helped HONOR record 300 percent growth compared to Diwali 2017 and sell over a million smartphones in under 3 months. It garnered 513 stories and in a consumer survey of HONOR owners, 82.1% said they would recommend HONOR to others.
- Sell 1 million HONOR smartphones in 3 months - September to November 2018.
- Increase sales by 100% percent compared to the same period in 2017.
- Increase fan base on the HONOR website by 20% to cross 2 million fans.
- Increase brand recommendation by users by 50%.
- 400 distinct HONOR Diwali stories across print and online platforms.
- Generate 60% increase in positive media coverage with key message delivery: HONOR celebrates this Diwali with 'Yeh Diwali HONOR Wali'.
- 200 million impressions through influencer outreach.