Commissioning Editor (Americas), New York
About the role
We're looking for a Commissioning Editor (Americas) to join our team in New York. As part of the global ‘knowledge’ team, you will be building WARC’s content base in the Americas, ensuring that WARC is seen as an important thought leader in the industry and among our audiences.
This involves building a network of industry experts and working with them to increase the stream of Americas content including: Best Practice guides, new research papers and thought leadership on all areas of Americas media and marketing.
As part of our Content function your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the commissioning of WARC’s knowledge content in the US, filing high-quality copy to the production team in London
- As part of this, you will directly commission industry experts to write ‘best practice’ pieces and pieces on emerging trends and new techniques in marketing
- Attend conferences and events, building a network of contributors
- Work with other members of the team to identify knowledge gaps in our US coverage, and work collaboratively on ways to fill them.
- Present WARC content to industry audiences, either at conferences or via webinars
- Liaise closely with WARC’s commercial teams, to ensure feedback and content suggestions from clients are fed into commissioning
- Work closely with US colleagues in Ascential, including WGSN, Cannes Lions and MediaLink, to develop content partnership opportunities
- Understanding of, interest in and exposure to advertising and marketing sectors. In-depth knowledge of the theories and trends around marketing effectiveness is key to maintaining quality in this area
- Excellent business-writing and relationship-building skills, with previous experience in a senior commissioning or editorial role
- Experience of creating and presenting decks for senior audiences
- Experience of managing a major content schedule, ideally including experience of line management
- Self-starter able to work as part of an international team, to build their own schedule and to work across departments and across companies within Ascential
- Effective project management skills, including ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Well organised and persistent
- Experience of online publishing
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 day of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401 – Saving Incentive plan
- Flexible Spending accounts
- Vision benefits
- Summer Fridays - 09:00-1:00pm from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
How to apply
Apply via LinkedIn
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel
Asia Editor, Singapore
WARC is looking for an Asia Editor to lead the company’s fast-growing content operation in the Asia Pacific and South Asia region. This regional role is based in WARC’s Singapore office.
Reporting into our London HQ, the Asia Editor manages a team of three freelance journalists in Mumbai, Singapore and Sydney. This person will be responsible for leading the sourcing, commissioning, editing and writing of feature-length articles on marketing and advertising topics in APAC markets. WARC’s audiences are industry experts – senior agency figures, brand marketers and media owners - who expect WARC content to offer unique insights and move the dial for their businesses.
The ideal candidate is an experienced long-form writer with a deep understanding of Asia’s business and consumer trends, and its many diverse markets. This person is attuned to the commercial realities of the industry in Asia, and can write and edit unique feature-length articles or shorter news stories which resonate with the priorities of our readers. You are adept at producing high-quality content in a challenging media environment and have lots of creative ideas to boost reader engagement. This role involves some international travel, and the ideal candidate is comfortable presenting on WARC’s behalf at conferences, webinars etc.
You’re especially well-organised, an excellent multi-tasker and want to go the extra mile for our readers and continue to grow WARC’s excellent reputation in APAC among our core target audiences.
International applicants can be considered for this role.
- Long form writing experience, ideally feature articles. Applicants will be required to submit a portfolio of published work and do a writing test.
- Experience managing a team of freelancers across the region and balancing commissioning and editing with your own reporting load or international travel.
- A deep understanding of Asia’s cultural, economic, consumer and tech trends and how they affect the marketing industry.
- An excellent network within the marketing and advertising industry, with Singapore, China, India and Australia as key markets.
- A growth mindset and lots of engagement ideas to get WARC content in front of many people as possible.
- A creative, tenacious, and highly organized self-starter.
How to apply
Apply via LinkedIn
Researcher, WARC Plus
We are seeking an intelligent, self-motivated individual with a strong background in the marketing or consumer insights business to work on an ad hoc, freelance basis supporting WARC Plus, a desk research service available to warc.com clients.
The aim of the WARC Plus service is to respond to the research queries and needs of warc.com clients. It's designed to support our time-poor clients who are either too busy to search warc.com for themselves, or who need or want to defer to our experience and expertise in finding the best content on warc.com for them.
As a WARC Plus researcher, you would be responsible for answering clients' enquiries by using warc.com as your primary resource.
- You will be required to interpret a brief and search and identify the most relevant content – any case studies, articles, research papers and data on warc.com – that answer that brief.
- You will be required to highlight and summarise the data/insights that emerge from researching the brief and presenting them in an easy-to-read, concise and punchy written style.
- Excellent knowledge of the advertising and marcomms industry, from a global perspective.
- An ability to work independently from home to produce high-calibre, client-facing materials.
- Must be available to work on an ad-hoc basis and to tight deadlines (we turn around responses within 24 hours).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Sound IT skills, ideally with a knowledge of basic HTML and access to a Windows-based PC or laptop.
- Prior experience of using warc.com would be a distinct advantage, although training and guidance will be provided.
A flat fee per research brief answered (akin to 2-3 hours' work depending on the complexity of the request).
How to apply
Email your CV to Lena Roland, Commissioning Editor, Best Practice (Lena.Roland@warc.com)
Marketing Manager, Singapore
WARC is looking for an experienced performance marketer to lead all marketing activities for the Asia Pacific region. This is a permanent role based in WARC’s Asia office in Singapore. The role is primarily about leading the content marketing strategy across the region and generating leads for sales.
Major responsibilities include:
- Managing the marketing budget for APAC
- Managing regional social media accounts [including paid] in-line with the regional strategy
- Regionalising email marketing campaigns and ideating and executing regional campaigns
- Supporting sales in warming up the lead pipeline through marketing automation campaigns
- Managing SEM in the region
- Managing WARC events and media partnerships for external events
- Creating marketing collateral
- Running webinars
Key skills and experience include:
- Excellent knowledge of the advertising and marcomms industry, from a global as well as regional perspective
- A strong content marketing background
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to condense information into short, digestible formats
- Good understanding of performance marketing how to use analytics to optimise campaigns
- Good working knowledge of CRMs (Marketo in particular is a bonus)
- Lead gen experience from a range of digital and offline channels
- Creative skills around new campaigns and working with designers
How to apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Development Manager, Singapore
We're looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team in Singapore. As part of the regional sales team you will be responsible for selling annual subscriptions to WARC (www.warc.com) to agencies, brands and media owners in APAC.
Key responsibilities are:
- Follow up on incoming leads – responding to their interest and building on this through contact by phone, email, F2F or online meeting, resulting in a serious sales opportunity where you demonstrate the service and then on to closing the deal.
- Where budgets allow to travel in-market to demonstrate and discuss how WARC can help deliver more effective marketing.
- To probe and successfully identify the key marketing challenges of the prospect and help demonstrate a solution through content on WARC.
- To come up with effective strategies for prioritising and segmenting your sales patch, based on existing and new leads.
- To pro-actively reach out to new prospects for WARC initiating first contact and building a relationship and engagement around our proposition.
- Achieve a personal NB target & work with other members of the team to help achieve the team target.
- Using our internal systems to record accurate details of our relationships with clients and prospects.
Key performance indicators will include:
- of opportunities created
- of F2F meeting/demo/online meetings
- Number of outgoing activities
- Accurate pipeline management
- Conversion of opportunities into NB
- Hitting sales targets
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- Experience of demonstrating a product/service online or in person
- Experience of presenting to groups of individuals face to face
- Clear, concise communication skills
- Ability to engage successfully in a consultative sales process
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise strategies to ensure you hit your goals
- Experience of working with CRM databases (Salesforce) and Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Drive and determination to hit targets
- Preferable sales experience in selling to marketers/agencies and/or an online information subscription service.
- Understanding of the marketing/advertising industry and/or function
How to apply
Apply via LinkedIn