Production Editor, warc.com (maternity cover)
We are seeking an experienced Production Editor with a background in digital publishing to manage content production for warc.com, our main subscription database. The role is a 12-month, maternity-cover contract and is based in our central London offices.
- Manage the production of all content published on warc.com, meeting strict deadlines and quality standards. We publish more than 3,000 content items per year and this role is responsible for ensuring that they are prepared and released to schedule and standard.
- Line manage a team of three people (including two editorial assistants and a special reports production editor), and outsource tasks to freelancer workers as required.
- Work with an external provider of digital production services, ensuring deadlines, styles and quality standards are met.
- Liaise closely with colleagues in different teams, departments and regions (we also have offices in the USA and Singapore) to ensure timely and coordinated content releases.
- Ensure key pages and sections of warc.com are kept updated, including the sourcing, selection and editing of appropriate content and imagery.
- At least five years’ publishing experience, including time within a digital and, ideally, B2B environment.
- Proven managerial experience, with the ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills and a proven track record of working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills – preferably in relation to business-oriented content – with a strong eye for accuracy, detail and consistency.
- Strong IT skills, including familiarity and experience of html, web content management systems and publishing software.
Competitive, with an excellent benefits package.
Send your CV to Rachel Scott
WARC is a global business intelligence company that serves the marketing, advertising and media industry. As a trusted and authoritative source of knowledge, we help our global client base – advertisers, advertising and media agencies, media owners and research companies – make smarter decisions.
WARC Plus is our insight service. It responds to the research queries and needs of our time-poor but knowledge-hungry clients. They rely on our expertise to help them find answers to their most demanding questions.
We are looking for a full-time Insight Manager to lead this busy and growing service. Our insight work involves answering a wide range of challenging questions from clients in diverse sectors such as retail, automotive, finance and FMCG. Client briefs vary and range from brand loyalty, marketing measurement, customer experience, voice strategies, Millennial consumers and much more.
Working in WARC’s content team, the role is ideal for an insight or marketing strategy professional looking for a stimulating new opportunity with managerial responsibilities.
Major responsibilities include
- Leading the WARC Plus service to deliver compelling written responses to WARC’s clients, including key insights, implications and recommendations
- Collaborating with teams around the business to share insights and potential to meet with and present to clients
- Servicing client requests in a timely and professional manner, respecting confidentiality
- Managing and motivating a team of insight specialists to deliver a consistently excellent service
- Recruiting and training new members of the team (both remotely and in-house)
- Analysing trends within our client requests and sharing regular updates with senior management
- An excellent knowledge of the marketing, advertising, media, tech and branding landscape – and a natural interest in current marketing trends
- Excellent writing skills and an expert ability to curate content and present research in digestible and useful formats (including PowerPoint)
- Five years’ experience working in an advertising agency, marketing team or research environment
- A creative, proactive approach and an understanding of the commercial implications of the role
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with different people and departments, inside and outside of the business
- An ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, juggling several projects at once
The salary is dependent on experience, with an excellent benefits package and a central London location.
If interested in this exciting role please email your CV to Lena Roland, Managing Editor, WARC Knowledge, Lena.Roland@warc.com
Researcher, WARC Plus
We are seeking an intelligent, self-motivated individual with a strong background in the marketing or consumer insights business to work on an ad hoc, freelance basis supporting WARC Plus, a desk research service available to warc.com clients.
The aim of the WARC Plus service is to respond to the research queries and needs of warc.com clients. It's designed to support our time-poor clients who are either too busy to search warc.com for themselves, or who need or want to defer to our experience and expertise in finding the best content on warc.com for them.
As a WARC Plus researcher, you would be responsible for answering clients' enquiries by using warc.com as your primary resource.
- You will be required to interpret a brief and search and identify the most relevant content – any case studies, articles, research papers and data on warc.com – that answer that brief.
- You will be required to highlight and summarise the data/insights that emerge from researching the brief and presenting them in an easy-to-read, concise and punchy written style.
- Excellent knowledge of the advertising and marcomms industry, from a global perspective.
- An ability to work independently from home to produce high-calibre, client-facing materials.
- Must be available to work on an ad-hoc basis and to tight deadlines (we turn around responses within 24 hours).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Sound IT skills, ideally with a knowledge of basic HTML and access to a Windows-based PC or laptop.
- Prior experience of using warc.com would be a distinct advantage, although training and guidance will be provided.
A flat fee per research brief answered (akin to 2-3 hours' work depending on the complexity of the request).
How to apply
Email your CV to Lena Roland, Commissioning Editor, Best Practice (Lena.Roland@warc.com)